Training for location managers and scouts is a three-day intensive course which aims to prepare you for working within the locations department in the international film industry. You will be given a unique insight into what it takes to be a valuable member of the location team and will be shown how the location department is essential to the filmmaking process. From the creative beginnings to the logistical and detailed planning of the shoot, trainer will guide you through each stage of location managing and positions such as Location assistant, Unit manager, Location coordinator, Assistant location manager and Supervising location manager.
When: June 15th – 17th, 2018.
Where: Radisson Blu Old Mill Hotel, Bulevar vojvode Mišića 15, Belgrade
Lecturer: Georgette Turner
Working language: English. Number of participants limited.
You should bring your laptop and camera (if you don`t have camera you can use your phone camera).
Detailed agenda is available here.
What you will learn:
Insider knowledge and insight into the lesser-known but vital role of the locations department in realizing screen productions. Therefore, location scouting uses investigative research and photography to document potential locations that are ideal for filming. As live action production for series and film grows, the role of the locations team, including scouts, becomes more valuable.
- Overview of the film production process
- Introduction to the Location Department
- Role of the Location Manager and people on the team
- Breaking down the script to understand what is required
- Discussing the location brief with the creative team
- Identifying feasible locations which work both visually and practically
- Taking presentable photographs and image management
- Working with the Location Authorities, residents and the Public
- Budgeting for location department
- Working as a freelancer and career development
Who is this course for:
- Junior producers
- Production designers and art department team members
- Junior Production coordinators who want to work in the field
- Tourism guides interested in landscape and architecture
- Gained knowledge and understanding of the processes of production, office management practices, floor protocols and etiquette
- Clarified your understanding of the different career routes into the film and TV industry
- Created the beginnings of your network and contacts in film
- Gained the skills and knowledge to start work as a Location Assistant or Location Scout
- Experience of scouting locations for productions
Supervising location manager Georgette Turner is a director for award winning location management company on the QT limited ( www.onthe-qt.com). Working as a location manager for over 12 years Georgette is a key figure in the UK for fixing locations and bringing big budget feature films to the UK. She has worked on numerous block buster features including Wonder Woman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Fantastic Beasts, Mission Impossible and Edge of Tomorrow.
To attend training please submit your registration through THIS LINK.
Deadline: June 8th 2018
Registration fee: 150,00 EUR
For all additional information contact us by email email@example.com or call 00 381 11 4059961.
This project is supported by UNDP.