Training for Feature Film Cinematography and Camera Department is a 5-day intensive course which aims to prepare you for feature film cinematography. You will be given a unique opportunity to discover the creative and technical possibilities available to a Director of Photography on modern international films. This will broaden your knowledge and expose you the tools and people who work specifically for the cinematic medium. Beginning with screenplay analyses, the Lecturer will guide you through each step of production for a cinematographer, including your collaboration with production staff, actors, shooting crew, lighting techniques, specialized equipment, color correction and post-production.
When: February, 18th-22nd 2019
Lecturer: Marc Windon
Working language: English. Number of participants limited.
Detailed agenda is available HERE.
What you will learn:
Insider knowledge and insight into the vital choices made by a cinematographer on a feature film. Therefore, the specifics of the course focus on dramatic lighting, grip equipment for action sequences and camera/lens choices for cinema screen image quality. You will learn how to work with a 1st AD, Production Manager, Editor and Producer and how to collaborate with other key creatives such as Production Designers, Costume Designers and Make-Up artists.
- Overview of the feature film production process
- Role of the Cinematographer and people on the team
- Breaking down the script to understand what is required
- Discussing the creative brief with the Director
- Identifying feasible equipment which works both visually and technically
- Creating precision lighting for commercial movies
- Working with the Gaffer, Key Grip, Camera crew and DIT
- Working as an international freelancer and acquiring an agent
Who is this course for:
- Cinematographers looking to advance their careers
- Junior cinematographers
- Gaffers, grips and camera assistants who want to become cinematographers
- Gain advanced knowledge of lighting for feature films
- Understanding advanced grip equipment for action cinematography
- Reviewing cinema camera and lens options including Leica, Cooke, Zeiss, ARRI, Red and Sony
- Feature film script analyses
- Skills to work with international feature film directors
- Experience tocollaborate with 1st ADs, producers, production managers
- Experience to collaborate with Production designers, Costume designers and Make-up Artists
Marc Windon is an Australian cinematographer. Over a 14 year career, he has shot 12 feature length films on 4 continents and won numerous awards. He’s a member of the Australian Cinematographers Society and the Hungarian Society of Cinematographers. He was recently the Director of Photography on INFILTRATION, a 30-episode action series produced in Belgrade and Beirut.
To attend training please submit your registration through THIS LINK.
Deadline: February 12th, 2019
Registration fee: 150,00 EUR
For all additional information contact us by email email@example.com or call 00 381 11 4059961. This project is supported by UNDP.