Belgrade Synagogue is located in very center of city. The general construction of Belgrade Synagogue was finished by November 1, 1925, and once the interior had been completed, the building was finally opened in the summer of 1926, and consecrated by Rabbi Schlang. The synagogue was built on land bought from the city by the Society of Ashkenazi Jews of Belgrade. According to official plans the building was to house the synagogue, ritual baths, a school, community offices and apartments for the community employees. The architectural style is late Neoclassicist (usually classified as the academic style in this part of Europe), with an enclosed yard to the front. The building is graced with a large central staircase, which dominates its facade together with the four grand windows of the synagogue chambers. The gable facade has a prominent round window at its center bearing the Star of David.