Opposite to the City Hall stands a parish church called the Name of Mary Church. It was built in 1895 at the same time as the Magistrate (City Hall) and was designed by the same architect, György Molnár. The church was erected in Neo-Gothic with an altar made from carved wood, while the windows are made of Tyrolean stained glass. The Yard of the Catholic Church (Katolička Porta), with the church parish building and Vatican Palace and City Cultural Centre, occupies the space behind the parish church. The fanjades were built in Secession style and have many terraces and balconies like most residential housing blocks from the pre First World War period.