Gostusa village is sitauted at the foot of Stara Planina mountain, beneath the spacious plateau Belan. It is near the Lake of Zavoj, located 25 kilometers north-east of Pirot. The village lies on the banks of the Gostuska river, with houses covered with stone plates. The remains of a Roman fortress are near the village, so this village is one of the oldest settlements in the Pirot region. There is a church of St. John the Baptist (Sv. Jovana Krstitelja) in the village, restored in 1835. This church was built on the foundations of an older church.