The oldest Roman Catholic Church in Banat is to be found above Vršac, at the Miša Hill. Apart from the Tower it is the oldest preserved building in the town. It was under construction from 1720 to 1728. In autumn of 1739, the Roman Catholic flock decided to build a votive chapel dedicated to St Rok, the protector from plague. After many years of the Turkish ravaging in that year the town was hit by an outbreak of plague. In 2007 a belvedere was made commanding a magnificent view of the town and its surroundings.